Thursday, September 06, 2007

Big Hole Duathlon

Last weekend was the Big Hole Duathlon in Driggs, ID. Having run about 2 days in the last 2 months, Cary and I decided we'd drive over and do it. Multisport races are always a lot of fun and it makes it easy to get a hard day in. Attendance was fair, hopefully more people will come out next year.


















As you can clearly see, I immediately had a lead on Cary; a lead I would hold for at least the next 10 meters. My goals quickly changed from keeping Cary in sight until the top of the first climb, to keeping "Z" in sight until the top of the first climb.























I was the 3rd person into the transition behind Cary and Z, but with Z competing in the co-ed team division, that put me in 2nd place in the individual race. I pushed as hard as I could on the bike which mostly involved two long climbs and a long descent.





















I ended up passing Z's rider while they had a mechanical on the first climb and came in at 2nd place overall. A good day for me, and a good reminder that I always enjoy a running race when I make it to the start line. Also a good reminder that 3 miles of steep downhill, when one is not a runner, does not feel good the next day.

No comments: