Sunday, May 13, 2007

2007 LOTOJA - Harder Than I Thought for Longer Than I Thought

2007 Logan to Jackson Road Race
Last year this was a 12 hour epic race through 206 miles of snow, freezing rain and just plain suffering. You can read about it below. This year was hardr as well, but in a different way.

This year I rode the race with team mate and friend Cary Smith. Cary is much stronger than I, but decided to act as my domestique and have a hard training day for himself. Subsequently, I went harder than I ever thoght I could. At the top of the first climb, with still 160 miles to go my heart rate was 185. I averaged 175bpm for 9 hrs and ended up winning my age group.

Big props to cary for so much hard work, encouragement and motivation. Like I've said before...I owe it all to my dentist.

No comments: